or Car Insurance
helps protects you from damage to your vehicle, your person, and claims arising out of damage to other people and property. It's a jungle out there. People are busy. Some are reckless. Let us help make sure you're reasonably covered when you hit the road.
If you would like to purchase insurance for your car, truck, motorcycle, ATV, RV or boat, simply follow the instructions in the Request a Car Insurance Quote section below.
|Request a Quote Why Carry Insurance? How Can I Save Money? Report a Claim Proof of Insurance|
Request a Car Insurance Quote
Looking to buy car insurance, truck insurance, motorcycle insurance or RV insurance in the Des Moines, Iowa area? It all starts with a quote.
In order to provide an accurate quote, we will need information about you, other drivers and your vehicle(s). You have several options for providing this information:
- Online quote by clicking the image to the right. This option will let you instantly compare car insurance rates from several companies, privately and securely.
- Call us at 515-309-9500.
- Fax your contact information and your current policy Declarations (the sheets listing the vehicles, drivers and coverage amounts) to 515-954-3300. We will look everything over and contact you if we have questions.
- E-mail us using our Contact Us page.
Why Carry Insurance?
Liability CoverageAccording to Iowa law, you must be able to provide proof of adequate financial liability in the form of insurance or cash. Iowa's minimum liability limits are $20,000 per individual injury or death, $40,000 for all injured persons, and $15,000 for damage to property. This minimum level of coverage is often referred to as 20/40/15. Because cash is not a practical option for most people, insurance policies are purchased to cover the potential damage to other people and their property. If you are caught driving without proof that you are able to satisfy the minimum limits, the penalty can be severe.
Comprehensive and Collision
Comprehensive and collision coverages provide financial protection for your property (i.e. your vehicle) due to damage from hail, animal collisions, and certain other events, as well as damage to your automobile resulting from an accident that was your fault. Comp and collision are considered a key part of a full coverage policy.
Underinsured and Uninsured Motorist Coverage
Underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage is a feature available to you that allows you protect yourself from damage done to you by other people who either don't carry insurance or don't carry enough insurance. You should generally have coverage amounts at least equal to your own policy limits.
How Can I Save Money?
You are in complete control over your driving habits and can save money simply by following the cardinal rule: drive safely! Maintain safe following distances, always be aware of your surroundings, wear your seat belt, keep your tires properly inflated, and do not exceed the speed limit. Safe driving is a sure way to help keep your insurance rates low over the long-term. As an added bonus, driving the speed limit (or slower) on properly-inflated tires will help keep your automobile's fuel consumption in-check. The better gas mileage will save you dollars at the pump.
Let Us Help
It can be easier than you think to put the brakes on high auto insurance rates. As an independent insurance agency, NRI Insurance Services can help! We can review your policy and possibly help you find a variety of ways to save money. Here are some things you may want to consider:
- Ask us to check several companies' rates. This is the single most important thing you can do to get the best possible rate - and we can do it for you quickly and easily. The difference between the highest and lowest rate available to you from different companies could vary by hundreds of dollars.
- Reduce or drop physical damage coverage on an older car. Depending on your car's age and where you live, comprehensive and collision coverage may not be worth keeping. We can give you advice on whether it makes sense to reduce or drop this coverage altogether.
- Raise your deductible. According to the Insurance Information Institute, raising your deductible from $200 to $500 could reduce your collision and comprehensive cost by 15 to 30 percent. In addition, because the average driver files a collision claim only once every ten years, odds are that over the lifetime of your car, a higher deductible will save you money. We can show you how raising your deductible will lower your premium.
- Look for discounts. Many insurance companies reduce premiums for certain driver traits or car features. For example: being a homeowner for more than three years, nonsmoker, nondrinker, students with good grades, senior citizens who have taken an approved defensive driving course, people who only drive for pleasure, cars kept in garages, antilock brakes, antitheft devices, air bags, etc. Ask us to check.
- Don't assume having your car and home insured by the same company is the best option. Because auto insurance rates vary so much from company to company, it may make sense for you to have your car and home insured by separate companies. Let's talk about it.
Report an Auto Insurance Claim
To report a claim, please check your vehicle for an Accident Kit or insurance card and follow the instructions. If you do not have one, but know who your carrier is, please visit the Companies page, look for your carrier, and click the Claim link. You should be directed to your insurance company's claims web page.
We would also be happy to help you through the process. Simply give us a call at 515-309-9500.
Proof of Insurance
When you purchase auto coverage through NRI Insurance Services, you will receive a Proof of Insurance/Proof of Financial Liability card for each auto. You should keep a copy of each card in the corresponding automobile's glove box for the duration of the policy. You will receive a new card every time you renew your policy, which you must use to replace the old one.
In the event you are stopped for a traffic violation or are in an accident, you will need to provide your Proof card to law enforcement. If you did not receive your card or need a replacement, please contact us.